After staying a few days in Huaraz and acclimatizing, you will be able to embark on one of the most beautiful walks in the world “HUAYHUASH” where you will discover and enjoy the snow-capped mountains like the 6617-meter Yerupaja, the highest of this mountain range.
It is one of the shorter circuits that connects Huaraz with the town of La Union and Queropalca, the starting point of the tour and returning through the town of Llamac and Chiquian.
Hospitable people, wonderful mountains, crystal clear lagoons, deep valleys and rich wildlife are prizes for those who venture to do this circuit.
- We recommend 2 to 3 days of acclimatization. ¡This will allow you to fully Discover and Enjoy this beautiful walk!
- The direction of the itinerary can be reversed according to the availability of the mountain assistants.
- On this route we have options for fewer or more days of walking, please consult.
Our programs included:
- Pick up from the bus station.
- Day hike for acclimatization around of Huaraz.
- Transport to and from Huaraz.
- All meals during the expedition: 05 meals. Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, tea (hot chocolate, pop corn, salad of avocado) and Dinner. Coca tea every day in the morning to wake up. “Hot wine the last night”
- Hot water for washing.
- Basic first aid kit.
- Donkeys, Muleteers.
- Camping Equipment: Cooking tent, Dinner tent, Toilet Tent. Sleeping tent (3 people tent for 2 clients Sierra designs, Eureka). 02 sleeping mats per person (inflatable and classic mattress). Table, chairs, Stove, gas, and all kitchen utensils.
- Pisco sour and souvenirs for celebrate your expedition.
- Banner with your name and of the trek.
Fees not included:
- Huayhuash Mountain range $ 78.00
- Return from our tour before the arranged date: transport, food and possible accommodation costs (also for staff).
- Sleeping bag.
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Dinner on the last night.
- Copy of passport or original.
- Sleeping bag. (If you do not have one, we have a savannah included for rent for $ 6.00)
- Sunscreen and lip balm.
- Water bottle (01 bottle of 02 liters or 02 bottles of 1 liter each).
- One-liter water purifier (Micropur or other). Please bring from your country because in Huaraz they are not to be found.
- Insect repellent.
- Walking sticks (if you did not bring one, we have for rent, 10 soles per day, per pair)
- Flashlight: front or handheld plus extra battery.
- The entrance to the park, per person: S/ –. soles for the complete 10-day Huayuash Circuit.
- Personal clothing: Waterproof jacket and pants, Wool sweater and pants, Gloves, wool hat, Warm socks
- Small towel, soap, toothpaste, brush and others.
- Down and fleece jacket.
- Toilet paper,
- Hat / cap for the cold.
- Waterproof hiking shoes.
- Large suitcase to share (to be transported by donkeys, if You do not have one, do not worry we will provide one for you).
- Personal backpack.
- Personal kit, on each expedition we will carry one, but we suggest you bring a personal medical kit, with, Medications, prescribed by your doctor, and knee pads, For blisters, bandages and other medicines for general discomfort.
For the walk in Huayhuash take an extra battery and a bathing suit, in Viconga there is a pool with hot water, that comes from the ground where you can also wash your clothes.