Now, in the Callejon de Huaylas, the Cordillera Blanca and the Hascaran National Park, you will be able to discover and enjoy the traditional towns, lagoons, archaeological monuments and snow-capped mountains; on horseback.
Season: All year round, recommended between April to October.
Duration: We have routes of ½, 1, 2, 3, 5 and more days.
Difficulty: Easy, Moderate and Hard.
Here are some options:
Duration: 01 day
Located in the West of the Cordillera Blanca, we start the tour with a drive for 35 minutes to the town of Paria. After a brief visit to the Archaeological monument of Willkahuain, we will take the horses to go to a small, but super beautiful “Radian” lagoon that has an incredible view of the valley and the snow capped peaks.. We continue north along a path between the natural grass of Ichu and Qunuales, towards the valley.
Duration: 01 day
Place where all agencies go because it is fast and easy to organize treks, it is
a short 2 1/2 hours round trip. From Huaraz you can take public transport for 30 minutes to the town of Yungar, where the horses will be ready to start the ride up to the Cordillera Negra, on route you can see agriculture, towns and the view of the Cordillera Blanca. Once you have stayed long enough at the viewpoint, you will go back down the same road to Yungar and from there a bus back to Huaraz.
Duration: 01 day
It is one of our favorite and exclusive routes, we transfer you by private transport to the town of San Miguel, where the horses will be waiting for you ready to discover this wonderful area. Later we will start the riding along the bridle path under the direction of one of our guides, the path climbs gradually surrounded by fields of potatoes, corn and other vegetables, passing by the typical and traditional houses of the Andean people, In 40 minutes we will arrive at the viewpoint of the snowy Copa, we will jump off the horses to enjoy the spectacular view of the Copa and many snow-capped mountains of the Cordillera Blanca such as the majestic Huascaran, Huandoy, Chopicalqui, Hualcan, Copa, Urus, and Vallunaraju.
After photos and a rest, we will continue on a flat path that allows us to enjoy the valley and the beautiful gorges such as Cojup, Aquilpo and Ishinca.
In one more hour we will arrive at the archaeological monument of Honcopampa, archaeological remains of the Wari culture, after making a guided visit to this impressive place we will walk a few minutes to the horses to continue to the Aquilpo valley and visit a beautiful waterfall, a very cozy place that invites you to walk and play with the crystal clear water of the Aquilpo River, a river that comes directly from the snowy Tocllaraju and Aquilpo.
After staying the necessary time, we return to Honcopampa where our driver will be waiting ready to continue the trip to Huaraz.
Duration: 04 days / 03 nights
- Long-sleeved polo shirt.
- Light pants.
- Photographic camera.
- Fruit, biscuit etc.
For tours of more than 01 day:
- Copy of passport or original.
- Sleeping bag. (If you do not have it, we have a savannah included for rent for $ 6.00)
- Sunscreen and lip balm.
- Water bottle (01 bottle of 02 liters or 02 bottles of 1 liter each).
- One-liter water purifier (filter, Micropure or other), please bring from your country, in Huaraz there is not.
- Insect repellent.
- Walking sticks (if you did not bring, we have for rent 10 soles per day the pair)
- Flashlight: front or handheld plus extra battery.
- The entrance to the park, per person: S /. soles per person Huascarán National Park in the Cordillera Blanca. S /. soles for the complete 10-day circuit in HUAYHUASH.
- Personal clothing: Waterproof jacket and pants, Wool sweater and pants, Gloves, wool hat, Warm socks.
- Small towel, soap, toothpaste, brush and others.
- Down and fleece jacket.
- Toilet paper,
- Hat / cap for the cold.
- High waterproof hiking shoes.
- Large suitcase to share (to be transported by donkeys, if
- It does not have; do not worry we will provide you).
- Personal backpack.
- Personal kit, in each expedition we carry, but we suggest a kit
- Staff with medications prescribed by your doctor, for allergies, knee pads, For blisters, bandages and other medicines for general discomfort.
For more information, please contact us.