This is one of the truly beautiful routes of the Cordillera Blanca that goes along the feet of the snowcapped mountains of the Cordillera Blanca over 4,000 meters. It demands good physical preparation, experience and acclimatization.
We will walk along valleys surrounded by high Andean vegetation such as the Quenual tree, Quishuar and natural pastures such as the Ichu. With a little luck we will be able to observe the varied fauna of the Huascaran National Park, such as the vizcacha, Andean eagle, ducks, huachua and others. We will cross a pass of 5 thousand meters with a spectacular 360-degree view of the snow-capped Tocllaraju, Ishinca, Urus, Ranrapalca and the Ishinca Valley with its river and crystal-clear lagoon.
- We recommend 2 to 3 days of acclimatization.
¡This will allow you to fully Discover and Enjoy this beautiful walk
- The direction of the itinerary can be reversed according to guide availability.
We start at your hotel, driving for 30 minutes then we take a road that goes up to the Cordillera Blanca, passing by forests, and typical houses surrounded by rich and traditional agriculture; After visiting the archaeological monument of Honcopampa, we will begin our adventure along a narrow and defined path with lots of vegetation, and mountains next to the Akilpo River until our first camp located at the foot of the snowy Akilpo, Tocllaraju and Urus.
Walking time: 4 to 5 hours approximately.
Approximate difference in altitude: 650 m. going up.
After a hearty breakfast we will start walking through a pampa full of Ichu (characteristic plant of this ecological floor) and along a narrow path that will lead us to the Akilpo Lagoon, after visiting and enjoying the Andean gulls and the lagoon we will continue towards the moraine from snowy Tocclaraju, after carefully crossing the base of the Toccalaraju we will arrive at one of the most wonderful and spectacular pass of the Andes “Paso Urus”, this place has a 360 degree view allowing you to enjoy and take dozens of photos of the snowy valleys , lagoons and rivers. With a lot of effort (because nobody wants to leave) we will leave this place to start going down with special care and always under the watchful eye of one of our expert Guides towards the Ishinca Valley and camp next to the crystal clear Ishinca R iver that comes from the desglaciation of the snowy peaks.
Walking time: 6 to 7 hours approximately.
Approximate difference in altitude: 700 m. uphill and 650 m downhill.
After a rest at the base of the Apus (gods) we begin to move away from the valley with great sorrow but happy to have filled our body and mind with a lot of positive energy.
The path is very easy, flat and with a slight descent bordered by the Ishinca River, surrounded by a variety of vegetables and rock formations that have given rise to this beautiful and unique valley, after approximately 4 hours we leave the valley, to enjoy a panoramic view, towards the Callejón de Huaylas and the Cordilleras Blanca y Negra. After lunch, in front of the majestic Huascaran, we will take one of our vehicles that will take us to Huaraz.
Walking time: 4 to 5 hours approximately.
Approximate difference in altitude: 600 m. down.
Our programs included:
- Transfer from the bus terminal to your hotel.
- Acclimatization hike. (optional)
- Trekking guide.
- Donkeys and muleteer.
- Complete feeding:
Breakfast, Scrambled eggs, quinoa, pancakes, cheese omelet etc. Bread, tea, coffee, milk or mate are always offered,
Snack, Fresh fruit, biscuits, chocolate and, candies.
Lunch, Pickled chicken, avocado salad, Russian salad, causa and coca tea.
Tea, Hot chocolate, canchitas, fried sweet potato, avocado with vegetables etc.
Dinner, Starters: creamed tomato soup, beans, quinoa, etc. Main course: fried trout, orange chicken, lomo saltado, etc. “HOT WINE ” for the last dinner.
- Camp Equipment: Kitchen tent, dining tent, 3-season sleeping tent (03 passenger tent for 02 Eureka brand customers, Sierra design and others), bathroom tent, 02 mattresses per person, table, chairs, kitchen, gas and all kitchen utensils.
- Warm water in the morning to wash.
Our program does not include:
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Sleeping bags.
- Breakfast the first day and dinner the last night.
- Personal insurance.
- Personal first aid kit.
- Copy of passport or original.
- Sleeping bag. (If you do not have one, we have a savannah included for rent for $ 6.00)
- Sunscreen and lip balm.
- Water bottle (01 bottle of 02 liters or 02 bottles of 1 liter each).
- One-liter water purifier (Micropur or other). Please bring from your country because in Huaraz they are not to be found.
- Insect repellent.
- Walking sticks (if you did not bring one, we have for rent, 10 soles per day, per pair)
- Flashlight: front or handheld plus extra battery.
- The entrance to the park, per person: S /. soles per person Huascarán National Park in the Cordillera Blanca. S /. soles for the complete 10-day circuit in HUAYHUASH.
- Personal clothing: Waterproof jacket and pants, Wool sweater and pants, Gloves, wool hat, Warm socks
- Small towel, soap, toothpaste, brush and others.
- Down and fleece jacket.
- Toilet paper,
- Hat / cap for the cold.
- Waterproof hiking shoes.
- Large suitcase to share (to be transported by donkeys, if You do not have one, do not worry we will provide one for you).
- Personal backpack.
- Personal kit, on each expedition we will carry one, but we suggest you bring a personal medical kit, with, Medications, prescribed by your doctor, and knee pads, For blisters, bandages and other medicines for general discomfort.