Huascaran, the Auquis Matash Raju, occupies the central part of the Cordillera Blanca. it is the highest snow-capped mountain in Peru and the highest tropical snow-capped mountain on the planet; its two North and South summits were first climbed in 1908 by the North Peak and in 1932 by the South.
The mountain is separated from the rest of the chain by two deep valleys: Llanganuco to the north and Ulta to the south. The closest cities are Carhuas and Yungay.
In our itinerary we can calculate one more day to take a break, for any emergency such as weather, a health problem or to climb the snowy Quitaraju.
We recommend 3 to 4 days of acclimatization. This will allow you to fully Discover and Enjoy Alpamayo!
Our programs included:
- Pick up from the bus station.
- Acclimatization day hike around of Huaraz.
- Private transport to and from Huaraz.
- Official Mountain Guide AGMP, UIAGM
- All meals during the expedition: 05 meals. Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, tea (hot chocolate, pop corn, salad of avocado) and Dinner. Coca tea every day in the morning to wake up. “Hot wine the last night”
- Hot water for washing.
- Basic first aid kit.
- Donkeys, Muleteers.
- Climbing equipment: Helmet, Harness, Carabineers, Rope, Gaiters, Boots, Crampons and ice axe. (We recommend bring your technical equipment for difficult peaks as Alpamayo, Huascaran and others)
- Camping Equipment: Cooking tent, Dinner tent, Toilet Tent. Sleeping tent (3 people tent for 2 clients Sierra designs, Eureka). 02 sleeping mats per person (inflatable and classic mattress). Table, chairs, Stove, gas, and all kitchen utensils.
- Pisco sour and souvenirs for celebrate your expedition.
- Banner with your name and of the trek.
Our program does not include:
- Entrance fees to: Huascaran National Park (Cordillera Blanca) $ 22.00
- Huayhuash Mountain range $ 78.00
- Return from our tour before the arranged date: transport, food and possible accommodation costs (also for staff). Tips
- Sleeping bag.
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Dinner on the last nigh.