An Impressive route that combines a visit to the ancient Temple of Chavin, declared “Cultural Heritage of Humanity”, the western face of the Cordillera Blanca, Andean towns, beautiful valleys, spectacular lagoons and snowy mountains never visited before.
We recommend 2 to 3 days of acclimatization. ¡This will allow you to fully Discover and Enjoy this beautiful walk!
The direction of the itinerary can be reversed according to the availability of the mountain assistants.
On this route we have options for fewer or more days of walking, please consult.
We move to the South of Huaraz passing and enjoying the scenery and customs of its people, after a short stop in the Querococha Lake, we will continue towards the Cahuish Tunnel that allows us to cross the Cordillera Blanca from West to East.
After a guided visit to the Chavin Temple and its underground galleries, plaza cuadrda, plaza ciruclar and much more, we will continue our journey to the town of Huantar where we will join our muleteer to begin our trek by entering and camping in the heart of the Rurec Valley.
Walking time: 3 to 4 hours approximately.
Approximate difference in altitude: 600 m. going up.
After having spent the night next to a crystal-clear river, surrounded by trees such as the “Quenual” and at the foot of the snowy Tullparaju; We will start walking along a cow path with a slight climb towards the Yuraqcocha Lagoon. After walking around the lagoon and taking hundreds of photos of everything that surrounds this lagoon and the impressive Cayes Snowfall, we will return along the same path to the valley and enter the beautiful Rima Rima Valley, where we will spend the next night, alone, surrounded by mountains, trees and a variety of wildlife.
Walking time: 6 to 7 hours approximately.
Approximate difference in altitude: 300 m. going up.
After a breakfast in front of all that natural beauty, we will begin to climb slowly towards the Millucocha Lagoon, where you can put into practice your fishing skills or simply enjoy the unique beauty of the lagoon and the impressive snow-capped Tullparaju.
After taking many photos and resting, we will continue towards the Rurichinchay Valley where we will spend the following night.
Walking time: 6 to 7 hours approximately.
Approximate difference in altitude: 450 m. up and 300 m down.
After breakfast we will leave this valley with its beautiful snow-capped mountains, such as Copa, Yanaranra and Puntacuerno. We will go through the Chinchay Valley between the Quenuales Forest and accompanied along the entire route of the Rurichinchay river with crystal water that descends towards the Atlantic Ocean. Once we arrive at the town of Mallas and after a rest our driver will drive us to Huaraz.
Walking time: 5 to 6 hours approximately.
Approximate difference in altitude: 900 m of descent.
Our programs included:
- Transfer from the bus terminal to your hotel.
- Acclimatization hike. (optional)
- Trekking guide.
- Donkeys and muleteer.
- Complete feeding:
Breakfast, Scrambled eggs, quinoa, pancakes, cheese omelet etc. Bread, tea, coffee, milk or mate are always offered,
Snack, Fresh fruit, biscuits, chocolate and, candies.
Lunch, Pickled chicken, avocado salad, Russian salad, causa and coca tea.
Tea, Hot chocolate, canchitas, fried sweet potato, avocado with vegetables etc.
Dinner, Starters: creamed tomato soup, beans, quinoa, etc. Main course: fried trout, orange chicken, lomo saltado, etc. “HOT WINE ” for the last dinner.
- Camp Equipment: Kitchen tent, dining tent, 3-season sleeping tent (03 passenger tent for 02 Eureka brand customers, Sierra design and others), bathroom tent, 02 mattresses per person, table, chairs, kitchen, gas and all kitchen utensils.
- Warm water in the morning to wash.
Our program does not include:
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Sleeping bags.
- Breakfast the first day and dinner the last night.
- Personal insurance.
- Personal first aid kit.
- Copy of passport or original.
- Sleeping bag. (If you do not have one, we have a savannah included for rent for $ 6.00)
- Sunscreen and lip balm.
- Water bottle (01 bottle of 02 liters or 02 bottles of 1 liter each).
- One-liter water purifier (Micropur or other). Please bring from your country because in Huaraz they are not to be found.
- Insect repellent.
- Walking sticks (if you did not bring one, we have for rent, 10 soles per day, per pair)
- Flashlight: front or handheld plus extra battery.
- The entrance to the park, per person: S /. soles per person Huascarán National Park in the Cordillera Blanca. S /. soles for the complete 10-day circuit in HUAYHUASH.
- Personal clothing: Waterproof jacket and pants, Wool sweater and pants, Gloves, wool hat, Warm socks
- Small towel, soap, toothpaste, brush and others.
- Down and fleece jacket.
- Toilet paper,
- Hat / cap for the cold.
- Waterproof hiking shoes.
- Large suitcase to share (to be transported by donkeys, if You do not have one, do not worry we will provide one for you).
- Personal backpack.
- Personal kit, on each expedition we will carry one, but we suggest you bring a personal medical kit, with, Medications, prescribed by your doctor, and knee pads, For blisters, bandages and other medicines for general discomfort.